The operational process includes; ordering stock, receiving, dispatching, stock control, cash control, sales and marketing and displaying, responsible credit promotion, perishable foods preparation, sales and display and the running of an informal small business.
This qualification will serve to provide the W and R sector with personnel that can perform the operation functions to industry standards, optimise productivity and improve service levels. The qualifying learner will undergo personal development that will contribute to social and economic development.
The learner assessed as competent against this qualification will be able to:
- Ensure a positive customer experience in a W and R business unit.
- Explain how employees can influence the objectives of a W and R business unit.
The scarce and critical skills list compiled by the South African Department of Labour includes many of the competencies in this qualification. The occupations associated with these competencies are listed as:
- Sellers: Sales Persons and Assistants, Representatives.
- General and Finance Administrators.
- Checkout Operators and Office Cash Clerks.
- General Clerks.
This qualification provides a planned combination of learning outcomes that will equip qualifying learners with the knowledge and applied competence in wholesale and retail operations and a basis for further learning. It provides a formal route to acquiring the operations skills and will provide recognition of experiential learning in the sector.
COURSE DURATION AND CREDITS:
- Theory days-classroom based modules of 3 months
Practical Work-place training -Modules of 3 months over a period of 12 months